Saturday 12 February 2011

The Social Network

The Social Network
Like it or not Facebook plays such a huge role in today's social interaction there was no way I could miss this movie and I'm happy to report that I actually loved it. 


A huge reason why this movie is so popular is because its more than just a movie, it's based on the real story of how Zuckerberg did everything he had to do in order to make it to the top. He can easily be labeled as an arrogant jerk but I disagree with this view, in my opinion he was an extremely smart guy that took an idea further than anyone had ever dreamed. He may have stabbed his best mate in the back and originally stole the seedling of the idea from "fellow students" but he did the work, he had the vision and he had the intelligence to get it as far as he did.  Regardless on where you stand about his character he is a guy who has created a site that millions of users spend hours of their day on, which is quiet ironic considering in the film he (the character of Zuckerberg) seems to lack any social skills.


Eisenberg plays the role of Zuckerberg brilliantly, not that I know him or anything but he plays the role of a highly intelligent person with limited social skills the way I would expect them to be.

After seeing the movie the only question left burning in my mind was how true is it all.  I'd love to sit down and ask the actual people who are depicted in the movie how they feel they were represented. I've read an interview with Zuckerberg about the film and he is quoted in saying:


"It’s interesting what stuff they focused on getting right. Like every single fleece and shirt I had in that movie is actually a shirt or fleece that I own. You know, so there’s all this stuff that they got wrong, and a bunch of random details that they got right."


All in all I thought it was a very entertaining movie and I'll give it a 4.


M

No comments:

Post a Comment