Saturday 21 June 2014

Maleficent


As a Disney girl something about the idea of Angelina Jolie playing the villainess character from Sleeping Beauty appealed to me and I couldn't wait to see her as the evil Maleficent.

As I mentioned Angelina was the draw card for me so I hadn't seen any previews and went in totally blind as to what the film was about so it surprised me that the story was written from the antagonist.

I wouldn't say that I didn't enjoy the film because I did but it was lacking something that I can't quiet put my finger on and needless to say it didn't exactly blow me away.  Angelina played Maleficent well and looked absolutely breathtaking and I felt sympathy for her and the situation, the scenes were beautiful and magical but I couldn't help but feel I had seen parts of it before and the remaining cast I would have to say were average.  I liked the twist on loves true kiss (even though I picked it) and enjoyed how it remained mostly true to the Disney Classic.

All in all I will give it a 7

M x 




No comments:

Post a Comment