Monday 21 March 2016

Have a little Faith

Sunday was Henry's Baptism. 


When questioned by a Neighbour about my reason for baptizing him, I took the cheats way out and said it was so we could get him into the school we wanted.... That was I lie, I don't know why but I find it hard to admit that I have faith or that I'm Catholic. Maybe it's because of all the current negative publicity around Catholicism or maybe it's something else.

What I know for sure is that I believe in God, I believe he was our creator. I believe there was a man called Jesus and that he did wonderful things, I believe that the stories of both these wonderful things & creation were passed down & imbellished from generation to generation but the constant lessons behind these stories run true. Be kind, have courage and remain faithful.

I do not believe that everything in the bible is fact. I do not believe going to church every Sunday will make anyone a better person. I do not believe that because you marry someone you must remain with them if you don't compliment and bring out the best in each other I believe the marriage was not built to last but is rather a bump on the journey of your life.

I want my children to be brought up with faith, I want them to experience the schooling that I did. I want them to understand the importance of Easter & Christmas in our faith and the underlying values taught in the bible. I want them to learn the respect required to attend Mass service and the freedom of singing even if you don't have the voice for it. I want them to have a teacher like I did that pointed out that the bible is just a really good story and we should take the lessons & teachings from that story & apply it to our life.

I have Baptised my children for more reasons than school & from now I'm going to have the guts to say it!

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment