Thursday 17 March 2016

Self Pressure

I don't know what it is with me or why I do this to myself but once again I have that heavy feeling on my chest that I'm not doing enough, I feel almost lost on a daily basis lacking any direction or focus.

I feel I'm not using my year "off" as well as I should be. I should have a system in place where each Wednesday I cook and wash the sheets and mop the floors but alas here I am floundering and time wasting! 

I just wish there was a easy way to get my head in the game and keep it there.

I wish I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up... I should be using this time to work towards it but then again why not just stop! But maybe I do know what I want to be? Maybe I'm happy to be a mum but why do I feel such pressure that being "just" a mum isn't enough... What happened in society that being a SAHM wasn't desirable anymore... But neither is a full time working mum and then part time working mums are frowned upon too.... No matter what path is chosen there is always an argument for the opposite! 

I really just want to stop thinking and feeling this way so I can just enjoy this moment right now because it will be over before I know it! I want energy to accomplish all the tasks required in a day and I want to stop having unrealistic expectations on myself to accomplish thousands of tasks in a single day... Really not that much!! 

M x 





2 comments:

  1. Go gently on yourself. I think us mothers put far too much pressure and expectation on ourselves. You are doing the most important thing in the world right now, don't ever forget that!
    Katrina xx
    www.capturingmomentss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Katrina, I am doing the most important thing right now and I need to just soak it in! Thank you for taking the time to comment and stopping by M xo

      Delete