Friday 22 April 2016

Habits


When we got our new car the blinkers were on the left side of the steering wheel rather than the right- I've always driven cars with blinkers on the right. So it didn't surprise me that when I got my new car driving it had me constantly turning on the wipers as I turned corners or exited the roundabout. It wasn't until a week after I got my new car I drove the old car and I realised how easily habits can be changed, and I was amazed at how quickly I'd changed a 15 year driving habit in a single week!

It takes 21 days to make or break a habit, I've had this drummed into me since my first job & i've used this philosophy a lot over the years with water intake, exercise & sleeping habits.


I know all this and yet I'm struggling to make some new habits that I think would help me with some structure in mummyland.

I want to exercise for 1/2 an hour each day, 
I want to meditate or do yoga everyday.
I want to meal plan every Wednesday & create a shopping list based on this plan.
I want to cook meals every night and snacks during the day like protein balls & cookies.
I want to drink more water.
I want to wash towels on Fridays & sheets on Wednesdays.
I want to clean floors on Wednesday & bathrooms on Monday.


I want to make healthy habits that I can be proud of but I guess I've just got to take it one day at a time.

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment