Monday 25 April 2016

Lest We Forget


I find ANZAC Day a very emotional day. I try to get the most of the day & enjoy the freedom that so many lost their lives for us to have the right to.

I think a lot about Gallipoli and all of those men or boys rather being sent to their deaths. 

I have a tradition of making ANZAC Biscuits and as silly as it may seem I find this a symbolic gesture of my thanks. I've been trying to include Joselyn in this gesture and am hoping that it ends up being something we do for years to come.

One day I'd like to get up and go to dawn service at Currumbin- it's supposed to be a magical service but at the moment I take all the sleep I can get! Maybe next year!!

Today I'm thankful, thankful for the troops who protect us. Thankful for the life I get to give my kids and thankful for this country I get to call home!  I pray for peace and that humans can live in harmony accepting of all beliefs.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them. Lest we forget.

M x


No comments:

Post a Comment