Saturday 2 January 2016

Motherhood

How do you know that you are doing a good job? How do you know what's right? Do you have to wait until your kids are all grown up before you can "know" you did it right"? And how is success measured? Does a kid that grows up to not be a drug addict or prostitute a pass and one that does a fail? 

I find my current "role" as a stay at home mum brings all of these things into question. Especially when I'm visited by or visiting friends or family with kids of the same or similar age - you just can't help but compare and think am I doing it wrong?

I look at my little miss 3 year old through my rose coloured glasses & I think she's practically perfect but take her out of her home environment & comparing to others I start to notice little issues in socialization, temper and skills. Talk of school comes up often and questions fly, what more can I do, how can I prepare her, am I doing enough, should I do more?

The job of a mummy isn't an easy one, you question yourself every step of the way and there's no kpis, no performance reviews, no courses. Just you and your partner in crime (Daddy) making decisions to try & mold a tiny human into something you can be proud of...

But at the end of the day I'm pretty sure I'll be proud no matter what... 

M x

This photo makes my heart break, and has me asking myself questions about acceptance, my poor baby being left out of the pack... But she doesn't seem to care, so why do I?


These two are only 4 months apart but as a first born & 3rd born the difference is astounding in development 

Holding my baby while he sleeps. They are only little for such a short time, is it really spoiling them?



No comments:

Post a Comment